Friday, March 23, 2012

Routines

Do you believe in having a fix routine? Well, my Mami sure does and she is a person who must have a schedule and routine at home. She is one person who would freak out if given a plane ticket at the last minute, even to a holiday destination of her dreams. She would not go, unless if she is prepared.

We have our routines at home, and Mami would ensure that we follow them. Once back from school, I'll take my bath, complete my homework, then only I am given my snacks and fruits. If there is little homework from school, it would be homework from Mami then. Mami would have her own revision books for me to complete. Once I've eaten, it's my music practices at home. Because Mami knows music, she would be with teaching me how to play the pieces. She spends quite a fair bit of time on music with me because I am normally given new songs to play every week, and it is certainly not easy for me to master the piece within a week.

After an hour of my music practices (for both piano and electone), it would be my Shaun TiTi's turn to practice. He is always the lucky one who practices about 5 minutes at most. I guess JMC 1 is too easy for him at this present moment.

Our play time starts right after all the practices. We get to play for about an hour and dinner would be ready for us. We normally eat before 6 p.m. My Shaun TiTi is normally very hungry even before 6 p.m. Sometimes we would eat at 5 p.m. while we are playing. I guess we are privileged to have someone feed us when we are playing. This is something which Mami wishes to stop. Shaun TiTi in particular would always want Mami to feed him.

Before 7:30 p.m., we would have to be ready to take our bath and settle in our bedroom. This is with the exception of Tuesdays and Thursdays when we have music classes to attend at night at 7:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m.

What do we do in our bedroom? We would chat a little, read a book, drink our milk and pray before we sleep. Mami had recently included a devotion time for us. She uses a devotion book given to us for our last Christmas from Children Ministry. There are days when Mami or Dadi would teach me my memory verse. It would take me a few days sometimes to memorize it before Sunday comes.

Bedtime is before 9 p.m. everyday.

Although there is this strict routine that we follow, Mami would be lenient on special occasions like birthdays, visitors in the house or school holidays.

I wouldn't say that routine is not good. I am fine as long as I have enough time to play.

4 comments:

Chinneeq said...

wah...your Mami is so strict in home schedule! But isn't it good for all, so you and Titi will grow up to be a discipline kids?

ChloeRuoyi said...

Wow, you can accomplish so many tasks in a day! Your mami sure makes every minute of your day well-spent with all those beneficial activities. Aunty is so lazy here. Poor Chloe is left to do everything on her own with very minimal supervision and attention from her mummy :(

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Ahhh....having a routine is good. I like routines too. I feel uncomfortable if plans change at the last minute :P You & titi are good boys and follow mommy's routine well :)

Leona said...

I take off my hat to u Mami for able to get ur sons to sleep at 9pm! Mine sleeps at 11pm...