Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day gift and a kiss

I saw some students buying flowers from the bookshop in school last Tuesday. I was so excited and I found out that one stalk of flower cost RM5.00. It was certainly a perfect price for me because I had RM5.00 with me. Mami had given me RM5.00 to keep for emergency purposes only.

I have never used the RM5.00 for buying anything since I started school and I was too afraid to use it this time. So, I came back and asked Mami permission if I could use it to buy something important. I guess Mami trusted me and said yes.

The next day, I used my money to buy her a stalk of rose. I was super duper quaduple happy about it. I proudly gave it to her when I saw her after school. She was certainly very happy.

This was the flower I purchased from the bookshop

I asked her for more money. I wanted to buy one for my Ah Mah and another for Mah Mah. Mami gave me only RM5.00 to buy for Ah Mah. She said that I wouldn't be able to send the rose to Mah Mah because she stays in Ipoh. It would not be practical to insert a flower into an envelope for postage. Without responding to Mami, I took the RM5.00 and immediately ran to the bookshop to buy one flower for Ah Mah.

On our way home, I asked Mami if she could drive me to Ipoh now. I told her that I wanted to give Mah Mah a stalk of rose, give her a kiss, say goodbye and we can drive back to KL immediately. Mami laughted at my response and said that it would not be practical to do so.

When I arrived home, I gave the flower I purchased and gave to my Ah Mah. I wished her Happy Early Mother's Day. I was too shy to give her a kiss. Ah Mah was filled with joy. She said that she has never received a flower from her grandchild before.

On a separate note, I also made this in school for my mother.


 

Wishing all other mothers, Blessed Mother's Day.

4 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

Awwww, that was so so thoughtful and sweet of you to have bought a rose for your mami, Ah Mah and even wanted to buy one for your MahMah in Ipoh. I hope your yeh yeh will cook for Ah Mah tonite :D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Awwww, that was so so thoughtful and sweet of you to have bought a rose for your mami, Ah Mah and even wanted to buy one for your MahMah in Ipoh. I hope your yeh yeh will cook for Ah Mah tonite :D

Ben and Shaun said...

Thank you. But I think my Yeh Yeh is not cooking dinner. He said he doesn't know how to cook :(

ChloeRuoyi said...

You are a very sweet and thoughtful boy, Ben. Happy Mother's Day to your Mami! :)