Thursday, October 13, 2011

Learning English Through Stories

I love to read before I go to sleep. I don't exactly like to read the book on my own, I love it when Mami or Dadi reads to me. I would just look at the words and the pictures. I guess it's always more interesting when they read the story to me.

I read different kinds of books. It ranges from fairy tales to malay classics or even educational stories. As this week is my exam week, Mami has been reading me a book which reinforces grammer lessons.

The books are by Educational Publishing House Pte Ltd, written by Charlotte Lim. Mami bought these from Popular Bookstore in Singapore. Each story illustrates and focuses on different grammatical structures and usage. There is also accompanying notes useful as they are written to help children understand English grammer in a fun and engaging way.

Book 1 has 4 stories. Each story focuses on Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, Pronouns, Tenses and Verbs


Book 2 has 4 stories as well. The stories cover Question Words, Question Tags, Punctuation, Connectors, Conjunctions, Prepositions, Phrasal Verbs, Articles, Verbs, Determiners and Quantifiers.



The other day, Mami was preparing me for the "Wh" Questions for my examination. So, she read me the story about the Curious Alex who kept asking his grandpa questions. Here are some examples...




At the end of each page, there is always a Grammer Lesson...


Sorry as the picture taken is not too clear. The stories are interesting, and are easy to understand.

No comments: