Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Exam stress

I will be sitting for my Yamaha Grade 9 examination early next month. I am not sure if I look forward for the day to come. My Yamaha teacher has been drilling us during lessons over the past few months, preparing the group for this examination. I must say that she is very dedicated as she held several extra classes for us. She certainly wants the best from all of us.

I am trying to put more effort in practicing my three pieces which I chose for my exam. Mami spents time standing next to me, checking if I played with the right expressions and body movement. It is not easy to please her as her expectations are high. My hearing is good, but my sight reading is poor. Mami runs through sight reading with me once a week. Sometimes I end up crying for not being able to play correctly.

Mami reminded me today that my exam is only 4 weeks away. She is very anxious and I am too. I must start praying for this upcoming exam.

2 comments:

Health Freak Mommy said...

All the best to you Ben Ben! I know the stressful feeling coz I'd been threre. Relax a bit and all the very best.

Ben and Shaun said...

Thank you Aunty Shireen.